Frequently Asked Questions


  1. What kind of cases does the Circuit Court for Harford County hear?
    Please see About the Maryland Court System for information on the Maryland court system and the types of cases heard in the appellate and trial courts.
  2. Who do I contact about Jury Duty?
    Please call the Jury Commissioner at 410-638-3251.
  3. I have a traffic ticket, where should I go?
    Please contact the District Court at 410-836-4545.
  4. Does the Court offer any services for self-represented litigants?
    Yes. See Legal Assistance Programs/Pro Bono Services.
  5. Is there anywhere to buy/store food at the Court house?
    There are vending machines located on Level A of the Court House.
  6. How do I get a copy of a transcript, and what does it cost?
    See Transcripts for information on obtaining a copy of a transcript and the rates that apply.
  7. What can I bring to the Court House?
    See Cell Phones, Other Electronic Devices, and Cameras in Court Facilities.
  8. Where do I get a marriage license?
    Marriage licenses are obtained from the Clerk of Court. See Marriage License Information on the Clerk's website.
  9. How do I become a court interpreter?
    For information on requirements to become a certified court interpreter, information on the registry release list of interpreters, and scheduled workshops, see the Judiciary's Court Interpreter Program.
  10. Is there space at the Court House to take depositions?
    No, there is not any space in the Court House for depositions.
  11. What is the Orphans' Court, and what does it do?
    The Orphans' Court for Harford County oversees the probate process for many, but not all estates. The probate process involves enforcing wills, safeguarding minors' estates, administering estates, protecting beneficiaries, preserving creditors' rights and ensuring that the personal representative fulfills his/her duties.
  12. Does Harford County Transit provide transportation to the Court House?
    For route specific information, please see
  13. How can I get the form for an advance medical directive and a living will?
    You can find these forms on the Maryland Office of the Attorney General website.