The Dorchester County Circuit Court
206 High Street
Cambridge, MD 21613
Renewing or Applying for a Notary Public
How do I apply to become a Notary Public or renew my commission?
- Applicants should review the “New and Renewing Applicants and Course of Study” on the Secretary of State's web site.
- Once your application has been approved, you will be notified by the Secretary of State to appear before the Clerk of the Circuit Court to take the oath of office and receive your Notary Commission.
- Failure to appear within 30 days will result in the revocation of your commission.
- Dorchester County Circuit Court Clerk’s office is located at 206 High Street, Cambridge, MD 21613.
- When you appear before the Clerk of the Court to take your oath of office, bring your State issued ID and $11.00, this fee is separate from the application fee paid to the Secretary of State.
If you have any questions regarding your notary application or general duties of a notary public, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Notary Division at 410-974-5520. For more information on becoming a notary public, please visit the Secretary of State's web site.
How do I attain an Authentication of a Notary Public?
Authentications will cost $1.00/each and may be obtained at the Circuit Court. The Clerk of the Circuit Court for Dorchester County may only authenticate a Dorchester County Notary Public.
Payments accepted, Cash/Check/Money Order. Checks should be made payable to: Clerk of the Circuit Court.
For further questions, please contact the Land Records/License Department, 410-228-0480.