Research in the Courthouse

Charles County Deputy Clerks do not do searches.  You will need to either come in yourself or send someone to the courthouse to do your research.  If you know the book and page where the instrument was recorded, copies can be made by the Deputy Clerks and sent to you.

Marriage records for Charles County are available at the Courthouse from 1886 to the present.  Earlier marriages can be found at the Hall of Records in Annapolis at 350 Rowe Boulevard.  Phone (800) 235-4045 or (410) 260-6400.

Land records are available on microfilm beginning 1655 to the present.

The Courthouse does not have birth or death records.