Licensing Office Location
Licensing Department (across from the Circuit Courthouse)
7 West Courtland Street
Bel Air, MD 21014
410-638-3489 or 410-638-3586
Office Hours – 8:30am to 3:00pm Monday thru Friday
(Closed Weekends and State Holidays)
- Establish A Business Entity
Apply for a Sole Proprietorship or a business entity online at the Maryland Business Express website.
- Application and Issuance
Once the business entity has been established, the business license can be obtained from the Clerk of Court for Harford County.
- Online: Go to Maryland Business Licenses Online. The site provides the ability to apply for a new Harford County business license online as well as the ability to search the licensing system of the Maryland Judiciary for issued licenses.
- Mail, Email, or Fax: Download the Harford County Business License Worksheet form and the Declaration of Inventory form for a trader’s license. Mail the completed form(s) to Clerk of the Circuit Court for Harford County, Attn: Business License Department, 20 West Courtland Street, Bel Air, MD 21014, or fax to the Business License Department at 410-838-8540. To apply by email, send the completed forms to email@example.com.
- Drop Box: A drop box is available Monday – Friday 8:30am to 4pm on the 20 W. Courtland Street Courthouse Entrance – place items in the Land Record mailbox.
Renewing a Harford County Business License
- Make sure all agency holds are cleared.
- Sign the business license application.
- Renew through the mail by sending signed application, required documentation if applicable, and check made payable to Clerk of Court
- Renew by email: complete the credit card payment form and email along with a signed copy of the application, to the Harford County Clerk's Office customer inquiry mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Licenses will be mailed once payment, signed application and required documentation if applicable, are received.
License fees are payable by credit card, check or money order payable to the Clerk of the Circuit Court.
Business license questions may be sent to email@example.com.