MACRO fulfills its mission to promote the availability, use, and quality of alternative dispute resolution (ADR) throughout Maryland by:
- collaborating with courts, ADR practitioner organizations, and other stakeholders to advance the field of conflict resolution
- providing grants and technical assistance to support court, community, school and universities and government ADR programs and projects
- providing training and presentations to courts, bar associations, and other organizations and groups for skill enhancement, professional growth, ethics matters, and public information and awareness
- working to improve the quality of mediation services by managing the Maryland Program for Mediator Excellence (MPME)
- supporting, conducting, and encouraging research and evaluation of ADR programs and processes
- raising public awareness of ADR and supporting the appropriate use of ADR by people and groups experiencing conflict
Learn more about MACRO’s history.