Thank you for your interest in a clerkship with the Maryland Judiciary. Please review the information below to learn more about our processes in obtaining employment as a law clerk.
General Employment Information
- Every year, the Maryland Judiciary hires over 200 new law clerks for our August – August term.
- Applicants must be enrolled in, or have already graduated from, an accredited Law School.
- Salary and general employment information can be found here.
How to Apply?
- The appellate courts, circuit courts and the District Court administrative judges select their own law clerks. You can provide your resume and writing samples directly to the chambers in which you are interested in working using the contact information in the Judiciary Judges' link.
- Judiciary Judges
- Many universities provide guidance and tips for applying for a clerkship. See some guidance below from local universities.
- University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law
- University of Baltimore School of Law