It is the mission of Classification and Compensation Administration to promote fair and consistent application of the classification and salary practices for positions in the Maryland Judiciary.
Classification and Compensation Administration:
- Provides a pay system that allows the Judiciary to attract and retain competent employees;
- Supports the mission of the Judiciary and encouraging employees to consider their employment as a career rather than an interim job;
- Establishes equitable pay standards to assure that employees with similar responsibilities are paid comparably;
- Provides a pay structure that reflects the relative worth of positions in the Judiciary;
- Provides a system whereby salary budgets can be systematically planned, established, monitored, and controlled;
- Assures compliance with all relevant federal and state wage and salary laws and guidelines;