Civil Marriage Ceremonies
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY - NO EXCEPTIONS
Monday - Friday (except holidays): 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. ONLY
$25.00 Ceremony Fee
MUST HAVE A MARRIAGE LICENSE TO SCHEDULE A CEREMONY APPOINTMENT
Options to schedule an appointment:
- Online https://www.picktime.com/ccbaltcoclerk
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 410-887-2607
Party is limited to 7 people.
The procedures for obtaining a marriage license in Baltimore County are as follows:
- Baltimore County Marriage Licenses MUST be used in Baltimore County (Baltimore City is NOT part of Baltimore County)
- The license is NOT EFFECTIVE for 48 hours after the application is made. The License will be valid for SIX MONTHS after the date of application.
- If you are getting married in Baltimore County, you must APPLY IN PERSON Monday-Friday from 8:30am-4:00pm at the Baltimore County Circuit Court, 401 Bosley Ave, 2nd Floor, Towson MD 21204, License Division.
Only one applicant is required to apply in person to give the information for both spouses.
The following information is required for each applicant:
- State or Country of Birth
- Age - * While only one party is required to apply for a marriage license, each party must provide a copy of an official government-issued birth certificate or other official government-issued document or record demonstrating their age such as a driver’s license, passport, etc.
- Current Address
- If either party has been married previously, please provide the exact month, day, year, county and state that ALL DIVORCES AND/OR SPOUSAL DEATHS occurred.
- Social Security Number for each person. The Social Security Number is required by Federal and State law and will not be printed on the marriage license. Citizenship is not a requirement to be married. Non-U S Citizens will use N/A (not applicable) on the application.
- The Marriage License fee is $35.00 in Baltimore County. Generally, Cash, Credit Card (MasterCard, Visa, Discover) Check or Money Order payable to Clerk of the Circuit Court is accepted.
If you are not a resident of Baltimore County and are unable to visit the Clerk's Office, you may apply using a Non-Resident Marriage License Application-Affidavit (fillable PDF form). Right-click on the link to save the form to your PC. The Non-Resident Marriage License Application-Affidavit is a printable document. Please DO NOT complete the application until you are sworn in at the location in your area where you would get a marriage license.
Change to Marriage License laws effective October 1, 2022:
- While only one party is required to apply for a marriage license, each party must provide a copy of an official government-issued birth certificate or other official government-issued document or record displaying their age.
- Minors under the age of 17 are not permitted to marry unless:
- the individual has the consent of each living parent, guardian, or legal custodian of the minor person(s) either in person or through an affidavit signed under the seal of a notary public; OR
- if the individual does not have the required consent, a certificate from a licensed physician, licensed physician assistant, or certified nurse practitioner that states the woman to be married has been examined by the physician, physician assistant, or nurse practitioner and is found to be pregnant or has given birth to a child; AND
- the individual presents a certified copy of an order granting authorization to marry in accordance with the provisions of Title 5, Subtitle 2A of the Family Law Article not earlier than 15 days after the order was issued. To obtain an order granting authorization to marry, a minor who is 17 years old may file a petition in the Circuit Court in the county in which the minor resides, and an evidentiary hearing on the petition must be held to determine if an order of authorization to marry may be granted.
Read the Law: Md. Code, Family Law §5-2A-01, 5-2A-02, 5-2A-03, 5-2A-04
Marriage Certificate Copies
PRIOR TO COMING INTO OUR OFFICE PLEASE CONTACT US TO CONFIRM THE COMMISSION IS HERE.
Monday - Friday (except holidays): 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Options to schedule an appointment: