Hours: 8:30 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday-Friday
The Maryland Court Help Centers provide free limited legal services for people who are not represented by an attorney and who are:
— The person with the legal problem. We cannot help relatives or agents of the person with the legal problem or other third parties.
— Not acting on behalf of a business or estate. We cannot help businesses, including sole proprietorships, LLCs and personal representatives.
Lawyers will answer questions on a full range of civil case types handled by both Circuit and District Courts. Legal issues include:
- Landlord and Tenant Matters
- Family Law Matters (divorce, custody, child support, and guardianship)
- Small ($5,000 or less) and Large (over $5,000) Claims
- Expungement and Shielding of Records
- Consumer matters like car repossessions, debt collection, and credit card cases
- Return of property (replevin and detinue) cases
- Domestic Violence/Peace Orders