Procedure for Requesting Postponements

If you wish to request a change in the court date, submit your request in writing to the District Court where your trial or hearing will be heard with an explanation of the circumstances that require the change and include any supporting documentation. A Motion for Continuance/Postponement (CC-DC-070) form is located on our Fees, Fines Schedules, Brochures, and Forms Index.

Your request is not automatically granted; it is up to a judge to determine whether to change your court date.

For traffic cases, you can call the Interactive Voice Response (IVR) System at 1-800-492-2656 for information about trial dates, court locations, and directions. From all areas, including out-of-state, call: 1-800-492-2656. TTY users call Maryland RELAY: 711

If you need more information, please contact a clerk at the District Court of Maryland location nearest you.