Address Change

Procedure for Requesting Address Change

If your address changes, please notify the court immediately by submitting your request in writing to the District Court where your case is scheduled or will be heard. An Address Change Request (DC-065) form is located on our Fees, Fines Schedules, Brochures, and Forms Index. The post office will not forward District Court mail and updating your address with MVA does not update your address with the Court.

If you need more information, please contact a clerk at the District Court of Maryland location nearest you.

For Attorneys

A Request for Attorney Code/Address Change (DC-030) form can be used to update information for an existing Attorney Code, including change of name/address/firm name. (The District Court assigns Attorney Codes to attorneys who file civil cases in order to: streamline the data entry process for the District Court; set up a record of your name, address, and phone number, which can easily be edited upon notification of any change to your information; and automatically update attorney information on all cases in which the Attorney Code is used.) This form is located on our Fees, Fines Schedules, Brochures, and Forms Index. If you need more information regarding Attorney Codes, please contact Attorney Records at 410-260-1636 or [email protected].

Please be advised that Attorney Codes are for District Court only and are separate from MDEC e-filing. For MDEC e-filing, Client Protection Fund bar numbers are used. Attorney address change requests are made through OFS (Odyssey File and Serve). If you have any questions for MDEC e-filing, please contact [email protected].