The ADR Division offers two alternative dispute resolution processes to parties with pending litigation in the Court.
MediationParties work with two mediators - one attorney and one judge - who assist the participants in reaching their own voluntary agreement for complete or partial resolution of the issues on appeal, in addition to any other issues relevant to the underlying dispute between the parties.
Parties work with an incumbent or retired Court of Special Appeals judge to discuss the contents of the record and/or record extract, pending pre-hearing motions, scheduling matters related to the appeal, consolidation of appeals, and any other issue aimed at streamlining the appellate process.
- Judge-Mediator Bios
- Attorney-Mediator Bios
- Mediation through the Court of Special Appeals' ADR Division
- Court of Special Appeals ADR FAQ
- COSA ADR Rules
- Confidential Information Statement [Word] [fillable PDF]
- Directions to Maryland Judiciary A-POD Building
- Standards of Conduct, Mediators, 2020
- Standards of Conduct, Other ADR Practitioners, 2020