The Maryland Judiciary is implementing several procedural changes to streamline and improve the handling of fee waiver requests. The changes are the result of new rules which have been adopted by the Court of Appeals.
The following links provide additional information to aid you in implementing the new procedures.
- Summary of the Rules and Procedural Change
- Revised Fee Waiver Rules (Rule 1-325 et. al.)
- New Rules Governing Timing of Docket Submissions (Rule 20-201)
- Approved Providers [Entitled to Automatic Waiver]
- MLSC Guidelines [For Use by Judges in Evaluating Waiver Requests]
- Fee Waiver Forms
Questions: If you have questions about implementing the new procedures or the rules, please contact Pamela Ortiz, Dir., Access to Justice Dept., AOC, at 410-260-1258.